Time-on-Task: 34 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course provides an overview of the principles of problem-solving techniques, introducing the participant to the importance of a practical problem solver in business and indicating how the participant can adapt and apply techniques from this course to become a practical problem solver. Participants will define the evolution of the global business market, identify work-related problems, recognize how to gather information related to solving problems, and identify how to organize and manage projects. Participants will also learn about real-life successful problem solvers as well as how to ask the right questions to find a solution for a project. Finally, students will learn how to recognize when a work plan is needed and will identify the goals of managing a project.
- Explain the different characteristics of a successful problem-solver
- Identify different types of communication
- Use critical questions to gather information about your problem
- Identify techniques used for persuading others
- Describe how to use a work plan to organize, monitor, and streamline project management
- Explain how different types of communication are used to solve problems
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.