Time-on-Task: 34 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course provides an overview of effective methods of communication for managers, providing a working knowledge of the difference between hearing and listening, and strategies for improving listening, speaking, and writing skills. Participants will examine methods of delivering criticism, asking questions, teaching a process and creating effective business communications, such as presentations and documents.
- Define communication
- Describe effective listening skills
- Deliver a clear message to listeners
- Use appropriate questions in communicating with others
- Explain why communication is important in helping people learn
- Identify best practices for delivering successful presentations
- Use effective business writing skills
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.