Time-on-Task: 34 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course provides students with an overview of sound business writing skills. It introduces the student to the process of business writing, including prewriting strategies, organizational methods, and revision techniques. Students will also examine types of business writing, such as memos, emails, formal letters, and presentations. In addition, students will gain practice in identifying and correcting grammatical errors and structural flaws in writing. Students will also gain experience writing in a professional tone.
- Identify the correct audience and purpose for business communication
- Organize topics for business communication
- Identify the types of business writing
- Describe correct sentence structure
- Use appropriate language in business communication
- Explain the elements of direct and forceful writing
- Describe revising and editing techniques
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.