Time-on-Task: 34 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course provides participants with an overview of general supervision concepts and methodologies. It helps the participant understand requirements for making the transition to first-line leadership, and introduces the paradoxes of first-line supervision. The participant will examine the role of a supervisor, qualities of an effective leader, and develop strategies for effective communication, management, and training. The course also explores team development and technological factors that affect leadership.
- Identify the requirements for becoming a first-line supervisor
- Describe the roles of a first-line supervisor
- Describe the four-part communication process
- Explain the steps in developing employees
- Identify techniques to manage employees
- Explain the benefits of teamwork
- Describe the elements of successful work completion
- Adapt to the changing workplace
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.