Time-on-Task: 34 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course provides an overview of the principle areas of project management, introducing the participant to the advantages and disadvantages of different organizational structures, as well as the phases of an effective project management system. Students will examine the key skills of a project manager, and learn how to develop and apply those skills for project success. Participants will learn how to create a project schedule, resource plan, and budget, and how to monitor and evaluate a project to manage time, cost, scope, and resources.
- Define Project Management
- Describe the roles of Project Managers and their teams
- Identify the scope of a project
- Identify estimating methods
- Plan key activities related to a project
- Prepare a project plan
- Describe the importance of setting up a monitoring and control process
- Evaluate project performance
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.