: This program has four modules:
•Medical Terminology: A Short Course
•Medical Transcription Editor
•Ace Your Job Search!
Medical Transcription is an “In Demand” profession. You can start an exciting new career with our Medical Transcription online training program. Our Medical Transcription course creates a simulation approach to medical transcription that will give you a working knowledge of the medical reports most commonly used in both inpatient and outpatient care settings. You will transcribe 100s of real medical reports. The course is organized by body systems and includes full color anatomy and physiology illustrations. We also provide you will the proper formatting, grammar, and style in accordance with AHDI. Transcription reports include: history and physical examinations; consults; operative, pathology, and radiology reports; SOAP notes; and death and discharge summaries. Your transcription materials and equipment are all included.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Type quickly and effectively
• Identify the core elements of medical transcription
• Identify the steps to transcribe medical reports
• Identify the steps to transcribe HPIP & SOAP Notes
• Comprehend the regulations included in HIPAA.
As the fastest growing industry, pursuing a career in the healthcare field will provide stability, profitability, and satisfaction. All career paths in healthcare require Medical Terminology knowledge and skills. In this course learners will explore the word structure and analysis of medical terms including prefix, root word, and suffix. Next learners will review the organization of the body and body systems in regards to terminology. Lastly we will discuss diagnostic testing and radiology and how medical terminology is used to determine the proper testing methods. Learners will navigate through the training material before completing several short activities at the end of each lesson to test their retention of the information. After completing each of the lessons, learners will complete a final assessment that will verify they have successfully gained the knowledge and skills covered in the course material. Accompanying the course is a terminology workbook that will give learners the hands on experience and tools to master the use of medical terminology in any healthcare setting. Alongside the terminology workbook are study materials and resources such as quizzes, games, flash cards, exercises, animations of the different tests, procedures, and terms, and an audio glossary of medical terms that will allow learners to hear the correct pronunciations.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
• Describe the structure of medical terms
• List the differences between prefix and suffix
• Determine testing and radiology using medical terminology
• List the different body systems in relation to medical terminology
By learning simple methods of editing used by professionals that you can apply to any document, this course gives you the editing skills needed to produce documents that are error-free. Our Medical Transcription Editor course is designed to teach and reinforce essential skills for medical editors. Provided in this course are close to 200 medical reports and their corresponding audio files. Students are instructed to use listening skills taught in the course to recognize and correct errors on the reports. Review activities, critical-thinking exercise, and key resources and references will provide you with even more valuable information for a successful career as a medical editor.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the fundamentals of medical editing as a career
• List the core elements of listening and editing skills
• Name the steps to edit medical transcriptions using proper formatting, grammar, and style
• Recall the basics of editing and transcribing correspondence and radiology reports
• Recognize the basics of editing and transcribing acute and chronic care reports
This course focuses on career planning, enhancing resume writing, and improving interviewing skills for those seeking employment.
Part One of the course, "Tailoring Resumes and Cover Letters for a Perfect Fit," will help learners craft a resume that is targeted, elegant, and effective. Part Two, "Interviewing Skills: Make the Right Impression," focuses on the preparation job candidates need in advance of an interview, and on the five stages of the interview process. Part Three, "Interviewing Skills: Ace Those Tough Questions," helps learners formulate winning answers to difficult interview questions before they walk into the interviewing room.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
• Recognize key career development questions to ask before beginning a job search
• Employ a written goal-setting process to establish career development and job search priorities
• Recognize the purpose of tailoring a resume and cover letter
• Develop a more effective resume
• Develop a more effective cover letter
• Identify the five stages of the interview process
• Conduct industry and company research efficiently using web-based resources
• Brainstorm potential interview questions and answers
• Understand what constitutes a good answer in the mind of a hiring manager
• Anticipate some of the most common interview questions
• Explain to a hiring manager how the past successes represented on your resume will translate to future success in your desired position
• Recognize whether a job aligns with your career objectivesInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student wo
This program includes all required materials. The following textbooks and materials will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Medical Terminology: A Short Course by Davi-Ellen Chabner
• Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 18 Software
• Hillcrest Medical Center Beginning Medical Transcription (with Student Transcription CD-ROM) by Patricia A. Ireland & Carolyn K. Stein
• The Dictated Word by Patricia A. Ireland & Carolyn K. Stein
• Digital Transcription Equipment: Headset, Foot Pedal and Software
• Dorland’s Pocket Medical Dictionary with CD-ROM