: If you’d like to manage larger projects and gain more responsibility or add project management skills into your current role, then the Certified Associate in Project Management program is right for you. Learn to master the most proven methods in project management as well as exciting new techniques emerging from current industry and today's most recent research. This course introduces manual techniques perfected during the past 50 years and progressive automated techniques, all consistent with the latest PMBOK Guide. Up to date content covers measuring project management ROI, value to the organization and to customers, and much more. The course's focused approach is ideal for building strong portfolios that showcase project management skills for future interviews. All course content is consistent with the knowledge areas and processes of the latest fifth edition of the PMBOK Guide to give readers an advantage in becoming Certified Project Management Professionals (PMP) if they choose. This program provides learners with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project 2013 so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world project management environment.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Define project prioritization, life cycles, and roles
• Identify the steps involved in developing a project management plan
• Comprehend methods for assessing project needs, costs, and risks
• Identify the elements involved in performing and controlling projects
• Describe modern developments and the future of project managementInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Regardless of your career stage, the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is an asset that will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility and effectiveness working on — or with — project teams.
Organizations with standardized practices attain better results, as shown in our 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report. Because the CAPM® recognizes your knowledge of the profession’s preeminent global standard, you’ll stand out to employers and be poised to move ahead.
Project management is a rapidly growing profession. Through 2020, 1.57 million new jobs will be created each year and qualified practitioners are in demand. With the CAPM, you’ll be on the fast track to opportunity.
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling by Harold R. Kerzner
• A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide) by Project Management Institute
• CAPM/PMP Project Management Certification All-In-One Exam Guide by Joseph Phillips