Broadway Bank is sponsoring ‘Be Safe and Secure Online: Every-Time as a community service to greater Kerrville. Our society has become ever more connected to the internet and reliant on technology, smartphones, social media, online banking, shopping and the Internet of Things. Getting educated and taking a few basic steps will enrich your life and keep you from becoming a victim of crime and fraud.
Class will Cover: • The Digital Age & it’s Global Presence
• Internet, Smart Phones, mobility, social and news media
• The Internet of Thing, online shopping and Fin Tech
• Technology use, bene?ts and cybercrime statistics
• The Basics of Privacy and Security in Banking
• Cybercriminal tactics: Scams, Phishing, and Social Engineering
• Ransomware and bogus services
• Updating your software - Regularly
• Security Guidelines & Online Resources
• Concluding Thoughts and Heightened Awareness
Class requires pre-registration and is free as long as seating is available. Register early!